Interested in helping your congregation go solar? Here are a few resources to get you started.
- Going Solar: 10 Steps for Congregations (1 page)
- Going Solar: Guidebook for Houses of Worship (48 pages, published in 2015-- revision coming soon!)
- What is a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA)? (2 pages)
- Solar Guide for Houses of Worship: How to Use Investors (by the Genesis of Ann Arbor Green Team, 10 pages)
- Solar Summit: A Webinar with Haslett Community Church (March 2020)
- Solar Faithful Webinar: Using Investors and Power Purchase Agreements (May 2020)
Solar Congregations in Michigan
If your solar congregation would like to be added to this list, email Jennifer. Faith communities that have installed solar are usually pretty excited to tell others about it, so if you'd like our help reaching a solar congregation, let us know and we'll do our best to connect you.
As a part of the Solar Faithful initiative, funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Energy and the City of Ann Arbor, we have four legal templates that may be useful if your faith community endeavors to finance solar using a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) or investor-owned LLC. Enter your contact information here to receive the links to the legal templates.