Becoming a member of Michigan IPL by signing our Covenant connects your congregation with hundreds of others across the state and is a symbol of your commitment to Earth stewardship and climate action.
With this covenant, and with the help of Michigan Interfaith Power & Light, your congregation agrees to:
- Speak about caring for Creation as a moral issue in your congregational life—for example: in worship services, discussion groups, retreats, meetings, and as a part of religious education.
- Use your resources wisely as a congregation—like energy, water, paper, food, and more.
- Discern when to raise your moral voices to advocate for the protection of Creation.
- Support the work of Michigan Interfaith Power & Light. This may include making an annual donation.
With this covenant, and with your help, Michigan Interfaith Power & Light agrees to:
- Lift up and amplify the voices of people of faith who are champions of Earth stewardship in their congregations and in the public sphere.
- Equip you with information on how to reduce your carbon footprint through energy efficiency, renewable energy, and other sustainable practices. Provide additional support by connecting you with technical experts, peer communities, and relevant programs.
- Offer guidance on starting and maintaining congregational Green/Justice Teams.
- Keep you informed about issues that affect the health of our communities and our common home and provide you with opportunities to advocate for systemic change.
You may also print the Covenant and return it by mail.