Earn money for your congregation by spreading the good news about saving energy!
*COVID-19 Update -
All appointments are currently on hold. If interested, please fill out the interest form (see link below) and a staff member will be in touch with you. Thank you for your patience.*
Is Earth Care an important part of your congregational life? Why not walk the talk while earning money for your congregation?
Congregations can earn up to $5,000 by encouraging their members and friends to sign up for a free Home Energy Analysis and save money and energy at home.
How it works
- Your congregation hosts an energy efficiency workshop (led and sponsored by Consumers Energy).
- You encourage congregants, friends, and family to schedule their free Home Energy Analysis within a 90-day period. We will provide you the materials you need to help you spread the word.
- Based on the number of people who sign up, your congregation earns up to $5,000!
Your house of worship DOES NOT need to be a Consumers Energy customer to participate.
Eligible congregations and religious schools:
- Are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
- Have congregants and friends with Consumers Energy gas service
What does the Home Energy Analysis include?
Consumers Energy's Home Energy Analysis includes a walk-through energy assessment and direct installation of energy efficiency upgrades. One customer had this to say:
I am so glad I had my inspection done. I got a new programmable thermostat, 10 LED lightbulbs, a new shower head with hose and different settings, a new sink faucet spout with different settings, and they went into my crawl space and wrapped my pipes. I am very happy. Very nice service. –Heather