David Yocca commented on Be an Advocate 2019-12-04 14:15:38 -0500regenerative agriculture, local food systems, green building/site practices, ecological planning/green infrastructure
We believe that people of faith (ordained and lay) and people of conscience are powerful moral spokespeople, and we endeavor to give our supporters opportunities to make their voices heard.
Recognizing that climate change and is one of the greatest threats to life on Earth-- and that we cannot meaningfully address it through behavior changes alone-- we view advocating for systemic change as one of our most powerful tools.
In recent years, here are a few of the efforts we've been involved in:
- supporting the EPA's Clean Power Plan
- advocating for strong energy efficiency and renewable energy standards in Michigan's clean energy laws
- demanding the shutdown of Enbridge's Line 5 pipeline
- advocating for clean, affordable water for all
- the Poor People's Campaign
- read our January 2019 letter to Gov. Whitmer about solar
read our September 2018 letter to Ford Motor Company about fuel efficiency standards
Sign up for Advocacy Alerts to get emails on: advocacy-related events, issues and actions.
We're also interested in knowing about what issues matter to you. If you're working on an advocacy issue you think might be of interest to the Michigan IPL community, tell us about it below.