- Implemented an energy management system in 2009
- Saved over $7,000 in natural gas costs in winter of 2009-2010
- Hot Water Boiler, Zone Valve, Heat Pump System with Programmable Thermostats
- Programmable thermostats in 6 zones
- Outdoor temperature taken into account
- Boiler and heat pumps on minimally
- Done in-house by trustees chair
The graph shows the reduced use of natural gas from their implementation year compared to the previous year. Clawson UMC had significant savings throughout 2009-2010, even during the colder months.