Take charge of your congregation’s utility bills!
In partnership with Consumers Energy in 2015, we brought an average of $1,300 in energy efficiency upgrades to 95 houses of worship across the state. This year, we’re helping even more congregations save energy, save money, and be better stewards of Creation.
Participating congregations will receive:
- a free energy assessment from Consumers Energy
- free efficiency upgrades (including installation)
- a Portfolio Manager energy-tracking account
To sign up, congregations must own their building, be a Consumers customer, and be located in the Grand Rapids, Muskegon, Jackson, Flint or Saginaw areas. Houses of Worship who participated in this program last year are ineligible.
For more info and to sign up, call us at 248-463-8811 or e-mail email@example.com.
See the light!
Did you know that in houses of worship the biggest portion of the electricity usage comes from lighting? Here are the free upgrade products available to participants.
For customers with Consumers Electricity:
- T-LED 4′ fluorescent tubes (replaces T-8 CFL, if ballast is compatible)
- 11W Flood LED (replaces 65W incandescent floodlight)
- 9W LED (replaces 60W incandescent)
- 4-6W LED (replaces 25w-40W incandescent candelabra)
- LED bulbs for Exit Signs
- Vending Machine Miser (for compatible cold beverage machines)
For customers with Consumers Gas:
- Programmable Thermostat (if system is compatible with new thermostat)
For customers whose water heater is powered by Consumers gas or electric:
- Pre-Rinse Spray Valve
- Bathroom Faucet Aerators
- Kitchen Faucet Aerators