Michigan IPL is excited to present our new “Carbon Fund.” This fund will provide small grants for congregations who are working to reduce their carbon footprints. By enabling greening projects in economically disadvantaged communities, the Carbon Fund is as much about environmental justice as it is about caring for Creation.
This fund was established thanks to a generous donation from the Ann Arbor Friends Meeting.
- Demonstrate financial need
- Propose a project that will reduce carbon emissions
- Own the building in which the project is being proposed
- Demonstrate ongoing commitment to sustainability beyond the project itself. For instance, having a working green team, doing energy education, or participating in ongoing energy-related advocacy.
- Provide an estimated payback or return on investment
- Commit to working with Michigan IPL to measure the energy savings and other impacts of the project
Projects that are high-visibility or that are integrated into programming or communications—in other words, projects that also inspire and grow awareness—are especially encouraged.
- Money donated for the Carbon Fund or earmarked by the Board for the Fund is restricted, held in a separate account and not co-mingled with other Michigan IPL funds.
- Michigan IPL’s Board of Directors is responsible for approving any use of the Carbon Fund.
To apply, contact Leah at 248-376-4603 or email@example.com.
To donate to the Carbon Fund, use the designation code “Carbon Fund” on our online Donate page, or write it in the note section of your check. Thank you!